- General provisions
1.1 The conditions of for becoming a member of the non-profit organisation the The Estonian Creditors Association (hereinafter the association) regulate the admission of members in the association, the rights and obligations of the member and the association, the order of paying the membership fee, the ending and the termination of membership.
1.2 The conditions for becoming a member are based on the Articles of Association available at the web page: www.evul.ee .
- Admission of members
2.1. A person who wants to become a member of the association has to fill out the application form available on the web page, the management board of the association decides upon the admission.
2.2. The management board of the association has the right to request additional information from the applicant.
2.3. The person acquires the rights and obligations of the member of the association after the admission in the association and the payment of the admission and the membership fees.
2.4. The date of admission in the association is the date when the management makes the decision concerning the admission.
- Membership fee
3.1. The annual membership fee, which size is established by the general meeting, is requested from the members of the association.
3.2. In order to become a member, a one-time admission and a membership fee for the calendar year have to be paid together. Later on the membership fee is paid once a year during the month of admission on the basis of the invoice submitted by the association.
3.3. The membership fee is not refunded when the member withdraws from the association.
- Members’ rights and obligations
4.1. The members of the association who duly pay their membership fee at full range have all the rights established by the Articles of Association, including:
- the right to participate with a vote in the general meeting;
- the right to use services at favourable terms available on the home page of the association: www.evul.ee;
- the right to be protected and represented by the association and receive other benefits foreseen in the Articles of Association;
- the right to use the logo especially intended for the members of the association on e-mails, invoices, payment reminders and other corresponding documents free of charge. For the use of the logo an agreement is concluded;
- the right to apply to the association in order to get information and consultations;
- the right to get information via the newsletter of the association or directly;
- the right to submit propositions for discussion to the general meeting, the management and the chairman of the management concerning issues related to the activity of the association. Propositions discussed at the general meeting have to be submitted via the management.
4.2. The members of the association have to follow the obligations established in the Articles of Association, including:
- to help to achieve the goals of the association and avoid causing damage to the image of the association;
- to pay duly foreseen membership fees in full extent;
- not to misuse the rights proceeding from the membership;
- to give correct information about himself/herself (including the data requested in the application form) and inform the association about the change of the data;
- to avoid deferred debts in the company he/she represents, the debts have to be deferred during a reasonable period, to inform the management about such circumstances immediately;
- to inform the management of the association immediately if a member (legal person) is transformed, merged, divided or ended.
- The rights and obligations of the association
5.1. The association has all rights established by the Articles of Association, including:
- the right to request the a payment of membership fee from the members;
- the right to restrict the rights of a member who has violated the member’s rights or exclude the member from the association if the obligations are violated.
- the membership is suspended (including the use of the logo) if debts are not deferred within reasonable time, in case of permanent insolvency the member is excluded from the association by the management’s decision.
5.2. The association follows the obligations established by the Articles of Association, including:
- to represent and defend the entrepreneurs’ joint interests;
- to help to develop the environment of entrepreneurship, participate in the directing of the credit policy;
- to provide services to the members at favourable terms.
- Termination and ending of the membership
6.1. The member of the association has the right to suspend membership for up to one year on the basis of a motivated application or withdraw from the association on the basis of a written application at the end of the financial year.
6.2. In case of failure to execute the obligations established to the members by the Articles of Association and the legislation (incl. the non-deferred liability within a reasonable period or permanent insolvency) on the basis of the management’s decision, the association may restrict the member’s rights or exclude the member from the association.
6.3. The membership ends:
- when the member voluntarily withdraws from the association;
- when the term of the legal person ends;
- when the member is excluded by the decision of the management board.